How to Keep Your Fridge Squeaky Clean
November 24, 2015 | Admin
From dripping leftovers to forgotten lettuce from months back, there are likely a few things in your refrigerator that could use your attention. Here are a few simple ways to keep your fridge clean once and for all.
- Clear everything out. Start by going through the contents of your fridge and throwing away anything that’s past its expiration date. Leave everything on the counter until you’re done cleaning inside.
- Unplug. Unplug the refrigerator from the wall so that you can leave the door open while you clean without wasting energy.
- Clean inside drawers. Remove the drawers and rinse them out in the sink or bathtub. Use warm, soapy water to remove germs.
- Wipe the shelves. Using a spray bottle of multipurpose cleaner, wipe down all of the shelves and walls inside. You may even be able to slide the shelves out for easier access, depending on the model of refrigerator.
- Clean under jars. Before putting the food back in the refrigerator, be sure to check the bottoms for any grime or leaks. Wipe them off so that they don’t dirty your now-clean fridge.